MyUMGC, sometimes referred to as UMUC login is the University of Maryland Global Campus online student portal. Just like any other student portal, UMGC students can log in to access their academic info, register classes, view grades, etc.
Table of Contents
How to log into myUMGC
To access your myUMGC (UMUC login),
- Navigate to umgc.edu/login.
- Click on the “MyUMGC for Students” button.
- On the login page, enter your UMGC email address.
- Enter your account password to log in.
- Your Student email addresses are – [username]@student.umgc.edu (For example, email@example.com).
How to register for classes online via myUMGC
Most students will use the Class Search to find and register for classes online in MyUMGC.
- Log in to MyUMGC and go to Class Search.
- Search for Undergraduate or Graduate classes by selecting one of the tabs at the top of the page.
- Scroll down the page and use the Semester dropdown menu to select a term and Subject or Location, which are required to initiate a search. There are optional search fields available by clicking Advanced Search, including Course Number, Class Format, and Class Number.
- View your search results at the bottom of the page. To read the course description or to add a course to your planner to consider later, click the kebab menu icon to the right of the course name.
- Click the course name to open the available sections.
- Click Add Class to Cart next to your preferred section.
- Click the Shopping Cart icon at the top right of the screen.
- Select the semester you’re registering for from the drop-down menu.
- Select the classes that you want to register for by checking the box to the left of the course name.
- Click the Register for Classes button. You will receive a message with the status of your registration.
How to reset your UMGC password
If you forget or need to change your password, you can easily reset it using your mobile phone, personal email account, or by providing answers to your challenge questions. Passwords must be changed every 90 days for security purposes.
- Go to password.umgc.edu and enter your UMGC-issued email address in the User ID field. Note: Your e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org (For example, email@example.com).
- Enter the captcha code and select Next.
- Select the radio button for your preferred verification method:
- Email my alternate email
- Text my mobile phone
- Call my mobile phone
- If requested, enter your non-UMGC phone number.
- Select the blue Email, Text or Call button when finished.
- If you selected Email or Text, a verification code will be sent to you. Enter the code in the field.
- If you chose to receive a Call, follow the instructions when you receive the call.
- Enter a new password in the form described below and select Finish. Passwords must include 10 to 127 characters and contain at least three of the following:
- An uppercase letter
- A lowercase letter
- A number
- A special character (Examples: ! @ # $).
How to view your unofficial transcript
Follow the instructions below to view, print, or download your unofficial transcript from the University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC). There is no charge to view, print, or download an unofficial transcript, but you must have an active UMGC email and password to access your unofficial transcript.
- Go to my.umgc.edu and click on the MyUMGC for Students button.
- Click on the Academic Records button in the left-hand column.
- Scroll down to the Transcripts section and click on the Get Transcripts link.
- Scroll down to the View Unofficial Transcript section.
- Select either the Graduate Unofficial or Undergraduate Unofficial option from the Transcript Type drop-down menu and click on the Generate Transcript button.
- When the transcript is ready to view, it will appear in the list under the button with the transcript type, date requested, and a link to view a PDF of the transcript.