myJHU portal allows Johns Hopkins University students access to email and general university-wide services. This is your access point to hundreds of Johns Hopkins web applications and key information about your Johns Hopkins community.
Table of Contents
How to log into myJHU portal
To access myJHU portal;
- Navigate to my.jh.edu
- Click on the “Log in” button at the top right of your screen.
- Enter your JHED ID to log in.
How to create your myJH account
If you do not know your JHED ID, visit myJH and follow these instructions.
- Locate the JH Enterprise Directory (JHED) search tool in the Featured Tools + Resources section.
- Enter your name using the format Last, First, and click the search button.
- If multiple records match your search, you’ll need to review the list of results to find the correct record. Once you’ve done so, click on your name in the Full Name column.
- On the subsequent screen, you’ll see your JHED ID to the right of the “Login ID” label. Once you have found your JHED ID, use it to log into myJHU.
How do I change myJHU password?
Generally, once a password has been created for your JHED ID, it is active for six months. After six months, the password expires, and you will receive a notification requiring a password change.
You may change the expired password by following the instructions provided. However, if you want to change your password for other reasons, and the password has not yet expired, follow the instructions below.
To Change Your JHU login password;
- Login at my.jh.edu.
- Once logged in, click the myProfile icon, located near the top right of the screen.
- Within myProfile, click the Change Password link in the Password Management box.
- Enter your current password, then create a new password
- You may also be prompted to update your Security Questions. When complete, click the Change Password and Set Security Questions button.
- Your password has been successfully changed.
How to add a nickname in myJHU
Follow these steps to change your nickname on the myJHU Portal. This will appear when you send and receive emails, & when someone looks you up in the directory.
- Go to my.jhu.edu and login.
- Go to “myProfile” and click on “myProfile”.
- Scroll down to “Nick Name” and then type in the nick name you would like in the text box. Edit who sees it with the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to save your preferences with the “Save myProfile” button.
Note that your bills, grades, transcript (unofficial and official), class registration, etc. will still be under your full legal name inside myJHU. The only way to change this is to have your name legally changed and submit an official document representing the name change to the Registrar’s Office so they can update your information in the system.
What is JHED?
JHED is an online, comprehensive source of contact information for Johns Hopkins University students that grants access to resources like the myJHU portal, JHU SIS, and JHU email.
JHED stands for Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory.
Your JHED Login ID (which is also referred to as your JHED ID or your JHED LID) is the username that you use when you log into the JHED system. New students should have received an email containing their JHED ID.
How to locate your JHED ID
The first step in initiating your JHED account is to determine your JHED ID (or Login ID or LID). You can find your JHED ID by searching for yourself from any campus computer.
- Visit my.johnshopkins.edu.
- Enter your last name in the Search box at the top right of the screen.
- Then click GO. If there is more than one person with your last name, locate yourself first, and click on your name.
- Your JHED ID (or Login ID or LID) will be displayed.
Log into JHED for the first time
Once you have located your JHED ID, you can log in to the JHED system and initialize your account.
From the initial my.johnshopkins.edu screen, click FIRST TIME USER in the upper left corner. You may also click MYJH HELP and then How do I log in for the first time?
You will then be taken to the First Time JHED User screen. Enter your JHED ID (or Login ID or LID) in the box. A first-time login to the JHED system requires that you verify your identity and set up your account.
You will be asked for your social security number and date of birth (NOTE: APL employees will be asked for their employee ID# instead). That information will then be verified and you will be asked to choose a new password, secret question, and secret answer.
How to create your JHED password
To create your JHED password, follow these steps:
- Go to my.jhu.edu and click “First Time User?” in the left menu.
- Enter your Login ID. This is the ID you received via email. If you have not received the “Your Johns Hopkins JHED Login ID” email, do not try to search your yourself. Instead, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-516-8080.
- Type in the characters of the image. Click “continue.”
- Create and confirm your password, in accordance with the password policy.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter the last five digits of your Government ID (SSN). International students will be sent an email at their personal email addresses. This email will include their ID number to use as their JHU Government ID.
- If you are an international student and have not received the “Johns Hopkins Government ID” email, contact email@example.com or call 410-516-8080.
- Select three security questions and answers. Click “continue.”
- After receiving confirmation that your password is set, you may log in with your JHED ID.
Be sure to remember your JHED Login ID and password! This is confidential information; do not share your password with anyone.