GryphMail is the University of Guelph’s official email address, contacts, tasks, and calendar system. All faculty, staff, and students are given a Gryph Mail email address. New students receive their email addresses in their registration package. To log into your account, you will need your Gryph Mail UserID and password.
The Microsoft Office 365 email system provides UofG users with greater storage capacity, simpler mobile compatibility, better security, and improved collaboration, among other benefits.
Table of Contents
How to log into GryphMail
- Navigate to mail.uoguelph.ca.
- This will take you to the UofG Single Sign On page.
- Enter your Central Login Account.
- Then, enter your account password.
- Click Sign In to log into your account.
Check your GryphMail email account regularly for important communications. Your account is the University’s primary communication tool to notify you of events, deadlines, and other official messages.
Your University of Guelph email address is based on your Central Login account. Just add @uoguelph.ca to the end of your Central Login ID to get your email address.
Your Central Login ID is often based on a combination of your first and last names and is usually 8 characters or less.
How to set up your GryphMail
- Go to guelphhumber.ca, roll over “QUICK LINKS” on the main menu and select “Gryph Mail” from the drop-down menu.
- You will be sent your central login information (username and password) for accessing Gryph Mail. If you are coming from high school, this information will be sent to your email account after you accept your offer of admission beginning late in late May.
- Transfer, mature, and other new students will receive your login information via email and Mail shortly after accepting your offer of admission.
- If you have not received this information or forgotten or misplaced it, don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.798.1331 ext. 6056.
- At the login screen, enter your username and password. Note when you log on to the computer workstations on campus for the first time, you will need your student number.
- The system will ask you how you want your email formatted. Choose a format and click “Login.”
How to set up GryphMail on your iphone
To put GryphMail on your iPhone device, follow the instructions below.
- In your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Add account. Set up a new mail account, selecting Exchange.
- Enter your email address (e.g., “userID@uoguelph.ca”) in the Email box and the same email address in the Username box. Leave the Domain box blank.
- Enter your password in the Password box.
- Enter the correct mail server name in the Server box. To find out which server you’ll be using, log in to the GryphMail web client and check the URL. The server name is the first part of the URL. For example, zcs1.mail.uoguelph.ca. Now put that server name into the Server box.
- If everything is successful, you should not get any error messages.
- Now tap the home button and go into Mail. You should see your new account appear, and it should show your folders and email messages within a few moments.
- Next, we will enable Sync for Contacts and Calendars.
- Note: You can’t sync Contacts and Calendars from both Exchange and iTunes! You must choose one or the other! And the iPhone will delete your old entries when you enable this!
- Once you’re sure email is working, go back into the Exchange Account Settings tab (shown above) and tap Contacts to “ON.”
- The iPhone will warn you about deleting your existing entries. If you’re sure, tap “Sync.”
- Now the iPhone will enable Sync. It might take a while for everything to be synced up properly.
- Do the same for Calendar, and you’re all set. Wait a few moments, and you will have Email, Contacts, and Calendar synced up with your GryphMail account.
How to set up GryphMail on your android phone
- Open Settings > Accounts.
- Select Add account > Exchange.
- Enter the following information in the email address filed.
- If prompted, enter the following:
- Server Address: Outlook.office365
- Port: 443
- Security Type: SSL/TLS
- Password: Your Single Sign-On password.
- Activate the required device permissions.
- Enter the display name.